Sunday, December 21, 2014

Enjoying the Holidays!

 
 We've had some fun Christmas parties and activities over the past week. The first was Cruz's first grade musical. They planned a program for the parents first (at 7:30am I might add! Crazy right?!). Then they would take a field trip and visited 3 nursing homes and a church that provided lunch. So we took our whole family to see Cruz sing in the morning. In the past (at church) he would just stand there while most of the other kids sang. But at the school musical he sang! Although I will say they had a big screen with the words on it that the kids were reading. I think that helped. 

 Every one was suppose to wear red and green. I asked Cruz before school if he wanted to change and he said he already had some red on his shirt. Haha!

The next day was Cruz's class party. They did a craft and loaded the kids up junk food-- candy, a cupcake, cookies, pretzels and popcorn. My favorite thing was seeing Cruz eat everything on his plate. That fact could be viewed as a bad thing but I was actually happy about it. It made me feel like a good mom (at least in one regard) because he really appreciated the junk food. We only have/buy that stuff on special occasions so he enjoyed it!

Santa came in later and he was the best Santa I've ever seen. He had a real beard!


On Saturday we had a Christmas party at a friends house. There we lots of highlights from the party. One was that the adults ate first without kids because all the kids were so excited to play together. Another was the food was great and we had some fun conversation. And finally, the white elephant gift exchange we had was too funny. There were about half and half gag gifts and real gifts. The gag gifts are humorous when opening but in the end nobody wanted them of course. We were lucky to end up with a gift card and 1lb of giant Reeses peanut butter cups. Although I will say Cameron gifted some Poo Pourri that I think he really wanted to try out for himself haha! One person, who I guess I will keep anonymous, opened a gift with a real mouse in it. She freaked out! She is scared of mice like most people are scared of spiders. Long story short, we somehow ended up with a new pet mouse to take home. Nobody else wanted her except Cruz and I really shouldn't have mentioned that I had a pet mouse as a kid.
 Kids decorating Christmas cookies



"Angel" the mouse lives in the basement and she is pretty sweet and sort of growing on me. We decided the kids don't need anything else for gifts for Christmas because they (well Cruz especially) love her so much. Too bad we already bought gifts :)...




No comments:

Post a Comment