Sunday, January 11, 2015

Blessings




Noelle at 2 months. She's starting to get some personality which makes me smile.

This past week threatened to be a difficult one for me. After Noelle was born I was feeling ok for a little bit but have since realized a mix of postpartum baby blues and anxiety has been kicking in. Most times it's manageable but in December Cameron went on a 2 day business trip and it was almost more than I could handle. Being alone left me with too much time to think.  And I keep having nightmares which doesn't help much either. So when I learned last Saturday that Cam was going to go on a 5 day business trip this week, I was so nervous.

Cameron gave me a priesthood blessing on Sunday and I felt a little better. On Monday afternoon, Cameron called me with news that his trip got cancelled. I was so relieved. The rest of the week I had different things happen to me and with each one, I was grateful to have Cam here to help and know that was a miracle from Heavenly Father. I'm sure I would have survived if he went, but I feel like having him here was a tender mercy of the Lord. Some of the things that happened are too personal to share on my public blog here but I'll share some other things.

Because Cam was here on Thursday, I was able to go to our Relief Society meeting which was on dealing with anxiety and depression. No coincidence there :) I was grateful to be able to go and really needed time away. The next night, I went out to get parsnips out of my garden for dinner. The ground was frozen so I was using a shovel to get them out, jumped on the shovel, when it didn't go down I stepped back, rolled my ankle, and fell hard. My elbow was scraped and throbbing and my back too because I fell on the wood from my other beds. Cameron finished making the dinner that night because I couldn't even cut vegetables my arm hurt so bad.

His dinner was awesome by the way. Isn't it fancy? It tasted as good as it looked.

On Saturday, he let me paint all day like 10-6 (with breaks of course to feed Noelle). Painting time was heavenly. I love being a Mom but that time for myself is so relaxing and renewing. Seriously, I went from blank canvas to like half way done on a painting. What a nice hubby right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment