Monday, January 11, 2016

Christmas 2015

We are at a magical time when all our kids really enjoy Christmas.  There is no sense of entitlement but excitement no matter what they get. I hope that never shifts the other way! Cameron and I remarked over and over again how good the kids were being. There was no fighting all day (really quite an accomplishment with these boys and girl).

We did Cameron's family's tradition of cereal for breakfast. They never had cold cereal so it was a treat on Christmas. We occasionally eat cereal but hardly ever with sugar. So we got the cereal they begged for every day of the year, Lucky Charms.

We opened presents slow, one by one by age. One thing we did different this year was the kids did a gift exchange among each other. It was cute to see them think of what to get for a brother or sister, I was impressed at how much they still like and use there toys since it they spend $5-$10 on each other.
Cruz got Noelle this little popper toy
 
Noelle got Dax puzzles

Dax got Kian a flashlight with a laser pointer

Kian got Cruz one of those multi tool pocket knives.

Back when we went to Colorado Cameron got a gun. I told him that counted as his Christmas present. So he didn't ask for anything other than books. One day I was standing in Cabelas, I saw a lot of guys hovering around the knife sharpeners so I got a fancy one (I sort of knew this was up Cam's alley) and surprised him.
He liked it (whew!)
 
On the same Colorado trip for Austins wedding, I got a play kitchen for Noelle at Ikea.

She was happy with her present as you can see :)

Kian loved (actually I should say loves since I get to hear it ringing in my ears each day) this Fart Blaster gun

 A pop gun for Dax (I also get to enjoy hearing this a lot too still. They like it so it's worth it :))


 Cruz got this Lego Technix four wheeler. He got to build it and it has some cool features like being able to pull it back to wind up and it goes super fast.

 The rest of the day was spent Lego building and playing with new toys.

And Cameron surprised me with a gift too this year.


A new coffee table :)  Our old one was cute but crazy dented, the legs were falling apart, and missing lots of paint. I only mentioned it once that we needed something else (what a good listening husband) and the kind I wanted. It magically appeared Christmas morning in the living room yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment