Monday, September 14, 2015

Milestones! ...and other events

 My baby Elle Belle started to walk this week! It's just a few steps here and there but it's happening too fast. She isn't even 11 months yet. What is happening?!?! I think she has too many big brothers to keep up with. I got to do my first shopping trip for new winter clothes for her on Thursday. Girls are so fun to dress!

Last Monday we had a ward pool party. It was fun for the kids. I was pretty much a nervous wreck. Three of the four can't swim and there were so many kids. I was that Mom who dressed her kids in matching neon so I could find them easily. It did help but I'm still struggling with anxiety and this was one of those times I felt like it was really transparent to those around me (and consequently somewhat embarrassing). Oh well... at least they had fun.




Later this week was our local Emergency Preparedness Fair which is at our stake center. This family activity was much more fun and less stressful (for me at least) :) Cameron volunteered to help park in the morning and after he was finished met him there.
 Kian in the cock pit

 Cruz testing out the back seat


The weather was so awesome- a perfect 70 degrees. On top of that, the kids made out pretty good with snow cones, ice cream, hot dogs, chips, and those little make at home weave bracelets. The lesson about being prepared came after the fact when Dax and Kian kept eating snacks from the 72 hour kits they gave out. We had to explain that those snacks were for an emergency only and times when we could use it. (We hid the kits even after that because those snacks did look good).

And last but not least, a little laugh thanks to Cruz...
 I went in to check on the boys last night and came upon this crazy kid sleeping in his closet. I don't even know what his legs are doing in that closet. It is like 3 feet wide. Haha!

2 comments:

  1. We skipped out on our last ward swim party because I'm the same, serious anxiety when you mix a million kids and water. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete